The district serves the communities of: Basking Ridge, Bedminster, Bernardsville, Brookside, Budd Lake, Chester, Denville, Dover, Far Hills, Flanders, Gladstone, Jefferson Township, Long Valley, Liberty Corner, Mendham, Mine Hill, Mt. Arlington, Mt. Olive, Peapack, Randolph, Rockaway Township, Rockaway (Borough), Roxbury, and Wharton.
Black River District Klondike Derby Skills competition for Boy Scouts Held at Camp Akelaland, Trexler Scout Reservation, Effort, Pennsylvania COST: $17 per person if paid by January 11, 2019. $27 full fee per person if paid AFTER JANUARY 11, 2019 Early Bird...read more
Read about POPCORN season as described in the TAPinto Denville News. Click...read more
How will having girls in Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA change the Scouting experience? Watch and find out!
BSA Today is a new series of short videos featuring information and updates on timely topics in Scouting. Each installment will provide you with news you can use. How will having girls in Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA change the Scouting experience? Watch and find out!...read more
This program is designed for the requirement “First Responder”. You and your Webelos Scout will be earning your basic First Aid card and your CPR & AED Certification. Upon completion of the First Responder adventure, your Webelos Scout will have also earned the...read more
Join 5,000 Scouts, Explorers, Venturers and Sea Scouts for a week-end Jam-packed with Scouting fun and adventure! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE Click here to...read more
Membership Resources are available here (click)read more
All registered adults must take the new comprehensive Youth Protection Training online by Oct. 1, 2018
All registered adults must take the new comprehensive Youth Protection Training online by Oct. 1. New course, new deadline. Do it now and you won't be rushed to do it in September!...read more
Let’s Get Camping! Are you receiving our monthly camping e-newsletter, Let’s Get Camping? Every month we bring you insider information about Patriots’ Path Council camps, camping programs, special events, future plans, registration information and more! CLICK TO JOIN...read more
The District Award of Merit is a National BSA Award. Awardees are determined by the District Higher Awards Committee from a list of individuals who are nominated by their fellow scouters. These are people considered to be outstanding and who “go above and beyond”...read more
Name the Black River’s Best from your Pack, Troop, or Crew! They are the folks who do that little bit extra (or that whole lot extra) to make Scouting happen. EVERY pack, troop, and crew has at least one. Black River District wants to help you recognize these...read more
Serving the Whole Family BSA’s mission is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law. Our priority is to bring the benefits of Scouting to more youth while remaining...read more
All are welcome to attend our District Operating Committee meetings. If you would like to get involved in Black River District activities or just want to find out how the committee functions, come to a meeting. We normally meet at Millbrook United Methodist Church...read more
SILVER BEAVER AWARD It is never too early to submit your nominations. June 30th is the deadline for nominations for the Silver Beaver Award. Please take the effort to nominate a most worthy volunteer. Please note that anyone who has been nominated in the past and did...read more
If you want to take your pack or den camping, at least one adult in your pack must have taken BALOO, the Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation. Here’s what you need to know.
Read more about BALOO Training»
Handicapped Accessibility Statement
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Patriots’ Path Council, Boy Scouts of America will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities at its meetings. Please contact Marc Maratea, District Executive, Office: 973-765-9322 x 240, Cell: 973-900-0919 or email@example.com with your request.
I understand that by attending programs sponsored by the Patriots’ Path Council, Boy Scouts of America, I consent to the use of photographs, film, videotapes, electronic representations and or sound recordings made of me and my family during that time by the Boy Scouts of America, at their discretion, and I hereby release the Boy Scouts of America from any and all liability from such use and publication.
Phone: (973) 765-9322 – Fax: (973) 267-3406
District Professional Staff:–
Field Director – Bill SanFilippo, ext. 222
Unit Service Executive – Marc Maratea, ext. 240
Program Executive – Michael Loughman, ext. 226
Membership Executive – Al Thomas, ext. 229
Development Executive – Maria Yosco, ext. 224
District Committee Chair
Boy Scouts – Paul Minenna
Cub Scouts – Mary Ruth Lareau
Download: organiztion chart
Commissioners meeting preceding roundtable at 7PM.
Cub Scout and Boy Scout Roundtables are normally held at 8 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at the Redeemer Lutheran Church, 203 Eyland Ave., Succasunna, N.J.
The Next Boy Scout Roundtable - November 6th. Click on the "+" to see more
8:00 Collaborative Opening Ceremony / News & Information Sharing
8:15 Grab your coffee and be seated
8:30 Program –
Please send in discussion topics for future meetings to me. My email address is [email protected]
See you there!
Your Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner
The Next Cub Scout Roundtable – November 6th. Click on the "+" to see more
The Cub Scout Roundtable will run from 8:00 until 9:30.
- 8:00-8:30 will be a general session for Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leaders, and will include announcements and other info on the upcoming 2017-18 District and Council Events! Handouts will be available to take back to your Pack.
- 8:30-9:30 will be a session for Cub Scout Leaders only. (Boy Scout Leaders have their own session.)
- Featured will be the 8th point of the Scout Law – A Scout is Cheerful – and the National BSA Pack Meeting Theme for February: “Abracadabra.” We’ll be offering games, a craft, songs, ceremonies, FUN, and information to use in your Den and Pack Meetings during October and beyond.
- Additionally, there will be 4 separate (12 minute) breakout sessions
- Cubmaster and Assistant Cubmasters
- Den Leaders and Assistant Den Leaders
- Webelos/AOL Leaders and Assistants
- Committee Chairs and Members
In all 4 of these breakouts, our discussion topic will be “Duty to God Adventures.” We’ll have handouts and everyone will have an opportunity to ask questions and offer their suggestions on this topic, and any other topic of their choosing!
For reference, the 2017-18 Monthly Scout Law Points and Pack Meeting Themes are listed below. Pack Meeting Plans may be found at the link. Each month, our Roundtable will provide you with additional FUN materials for the following month’s theme; e.g. in January we’ll present the February theme materials so you have time to include them in your February Den and Pack Meetings.
2017–2018 Pack Meeting Plans
- September: Courteous – “How the West Was Fun”
- October: Thrifty – “A-Camping We Will Go”
- November: Reverent – “Cubs Give Thanks”
- December: Kind – “Paying It Forward”
- January: Helpful – “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs”
- February: Cheerful – “Abracadabra!”
- March: Trustworthy – “Cub Scout Investigators”
- April: Loyal – “Cubs in the Future”
- May: Friendly – “Treasure Hunters”
- June: Obedient – “Wheel Into Summer”
- July: Brave – “Home of the Brave”
- August: Clean – “Destination Parks”
Cub Roundtable Commissioner, Mary Ruth Lareau
SEE YOU AT THE ROUNDTABLE!!
Forms & Information
- Black River Org Chart – January 2018
- Meet Your New Service Team: Who is doing what?
- Black River District Award of Merit Past Recipients
- Black River’s Best Past Awardees
- BR Best Nomination Form
- BR District Award of Merit Nomination Form (PDF) or (Word)
- Silver Beaver Award Nomination Form
- Previous Recipients of the Silver Beaver Award
- Black River District Eagle Rank Advancement Process
- Membership Resources
- Be a Scout
- Training Opportunities
- Family Scouting
- Community Service
- Boy Scouts of America
- Facts About Scouting
- About the BSA
- Like us on Facebook