Black River District
The district serves the communities of: Basking Ridge, Bedminster, Bernardsville, Brookside, Budd Lake, Chester, Denville, Dover, Far Hills, Flanders, Gladstone, Jefferson Township, Long Valley, Liberty Corner, Mendham, Mine Hill, Mt. Arlington, Mt. Olive, Peapack, Randolph, Rockaway Township, Rockaway (Borough), Roxbury, and Wharton.
Black River 2018 FOS Kickoff Monday, September 25, Publick House, Main Street, Chester 6:30 - 8PM Come enjoy a night of fellowship while learning about the 2018 Friends of Scouting campaign for your unit. You may attend other location kickoffs if you cannot make it to...read more
This is a NEW program called Webelos First Aid Rally This program is for the Webelos requirement “First Responder” Your Webelos will earn this requirement in one day. He will also will earn the Adventure Pin. This program is also for a parent. You and your Webelos...read more
Top 10 links to share with new Cub Scout families to get them up to speed Find out what they are - Click...read more
Sustaining strong unit membership New Member Coordinator Introducing the New Member Coordinator Position (Click here) The New Member Coordinator (NMC) position has been designed to: Be a FUN and engaging position. Form relationships with new members and their...read more
Enjoy a weekend in the great outdoors surrounded by beautiful fall foliage. Have fun with camping, Scout skills, field games, archery, BB, crafts, and more! Bring the whole family THIS WILL BE THE BEST TIME YOUR PACK WILL HAVE IN THE WOODS Camporee Flyer REGISTER...read more
All are welcome to attend our District Operating Committee meetings. If you would like to get involved in Black River District activities or just want to find out how the committee functions, come to a meeting. We normally meet at Millbrook United Methodist Church...read more
Save the Date! The 2018 Black River Fall Cub Family Camporee will take place at MASR, Camp Somers. Details and registration to be posted on district website by June 1,...read more
Black River Spring Cub Family Camporee HOLD THE DATEread more
To be held at Trexler Scout Reservation, Effort, PA. Registration to open in October, will be available on the district website homepage. HOLD THE...read more
Handicapped Accessibility Statement
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Patriots’ Path Council, Boy Scouts of America will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities at its meetings. Please contact Marc Maratea, District Executive, Office: 973-765-9322 x 240, Cell: 973-900-0919 or email@example.com with your request.
I understand that by attending programs sponsored by the Patriots’ Path Council, Boy Scouts of America, I consent to the use of photographs, film, videotapes, electronic representations and or sound recordings made of me and my family during that time by the Boy Scouts of America, at their discretion, and I hereby release the Boy Scouts of America from any and all liability from such use and publication.
THE OCTOBER ROUNDTABLES WILL BE HELD AT THE RANDOLPH MIDDLE SCHOOL
The October roundtables will be held at the Randolph Middle School, 507 Millbrook Avenue at 8PM on October 3rd.
Commissioners meeting preceding roundtable at 7PM.
Cub Scout and Boy Scout Roundtables are normally held at 8 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at the Redeemer Lutheran Church, 203 Eyland Ave., Succasunna, N.J.
The Next Boy Scout Roundtable - October 3rd. Click on the "+" to see more
The Next Boy Scout Roundtable – October 3rd
AT THE RANDOLPH MIDDLE SCHOOL
8:00 Collaborative Opening Ceremony / News & Information Sharing
8:15 Grab your coffee and be seated
8:30 Program –
Please send in discussion topics for future meetings to me. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there!
Your Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner
The Next Cub Scout Roundtable – October 3rd. Click on the "+" to see more
The Next Cub Scout Roundtable – October 3rd
AT THE RANDOLPH MIDDLE SCHOOL
The October Cub Scout Roundtable will run from 8:00 until 9:30.
- 8:00-8:30 will be a general session for Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leaders, and will include announcements and other info on the upcoming 2017-18 District and Council Events! Handouts will be available to take back to your Pack.
- 8:30-9:30 will be a session for Cub Scout Leaders only. (Boy Scout Leaders have their own session.)
- Featured will be the National BSA Pack Meeting Theme for November: “Cubs Give Thanks.” We’ll be offering games, a craft, songs, ceremonies, FUN, and information to use in your Den and Pack Meetings during October and beyond.
- Additionally, there will be 4 separate (12 minute) breakout sessions
- Cubmaster and Assistant Cubmasters
- Den Leaders and Assistant Den Leaders
- Webelos/AOL Leaders and Assistants
- Committee Chairs and Members
In all 4 of these breakouts, our discussion topic will be “Parent Participation.” We’ll have handouts and everyone will have an opportunity to ask questions and offer their suggestions on the topic!
For reference, the 2017-18 Monthly Scout Law Points and Pack Meeting Themes are listed below. Pack Meeting Plans may be found at the link. Each month, our Roundtable will provide you with additional FUN materials for the following month’s theme; e.g. in October we’ll present the November theme materials so you have time to include them in your November Den and Pack Meetings.
2017–2018 Pack Meeting Plans
- September: Courteous – “How the West Was Fun”
- October: Thrifty – “A-Camping We Will Go”
- November: Reverent – “Cubs Give Thanks”
- December: Kind – “Paying It Forward”
- January: Helpful – “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs”
- February: Cheerful – “Abracadabra!”
- March: Trustworthy – “Cub Scout Investigators”
- April: Loyal – “Cubs in the Future”
- May: Friendly – “Treasure Hunters”
- June: Obedient – “Wheel Into Summer”
- July: Brave – “Home of the Brave”
- August: Clean – “Destination Parks”
Cub Roundtable Commissioner, Mary Ruth Lareau
SEE YOU AT THE ROUNDTABLE!!
Forms & Information
- Black River Org Chart – May 2017
- Black River District Award of Merit Past Recipients
- Black River’s Best Past Awardees
- BR Best Nomination Form
- BR District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- Previous Recipients of the Silver Beaver Award
- Black River District Eagle Rank Advancement Process
- Training Opportunities
- Community Service
- Special Recognitions
- Boy Scouts of America
- Facts About Scouting
- About the BSA
- Like us on Facebook