Black River District
The district serves the communities of: Basking Ridge, Bedminster, Bernardsville, Brookside, Budd Lake, Chester, Denville, Dover, Far Hills, Flanders, Gladstone, Jefferson Township, Long Valley, Liberty Corner, Mendham, Mine Hill, Mt. Arlington, Mt. Olive, Peapack, Randolph, Rockaway Township, Rockaway (Borough), Roxbury, and Wharton.
Black River Klondike Derby Skills competition for Boy Scouts Held at Trexler Scout Reservation Cost: $17.00 per person Cost After January 12, 2018: $27.00 per person No registrations accepted after January 19, 2018 Includes: Camping Facility Use, Klondike Patch,...read more
This is a NEW program called Webelos First Aid Rally This program is for the Webelos requirement “First Responder” Your Webelos will earn this requirement in one day. He will also will earn the Adventure Pin. This program is also for a parent. You and your Webelos...read more
Sustaining strong unit membership New Member Coordinator Introducing the New Member Coordinator Position (Click here) The New Member Coordinator (NMC) position has been designed to: Be a FUN and engaging position. Form relationships with new members and their...read more
Top 10 links to share with new Cub Scout families to get them up to speed Find out what they are - Click...read more
All are welcome to attend our District Operating Committee meetings. If you would like to get involved in Black River District activities or just want to find out how the committee functions, come to a meeting. We normally meet at Millbrook United Methodist Church...read more
Save the Date! The 2018 Black River Fall Cub Family Camporee will take place at MASR, Camp Somers. Details and registration to be posted on district website by June 1,...read more
Black River Spring Cub Family Camporee HOLD THE DATEread more
Let’s Get Camping! Are you receiving our monthly camping e-newsletter, Let’s Get Camping? Every month we bring you insider information about Patriots’ Path Council camps, camping programs, special events, future plans, registration information and more! CLICK TO JOIN...read more
Name the Black River’s Best from your Pack, Troop, or Crew! They are the folks who do that little bit extra (or that whole lot extra) to make Scouting happen. EVERY pack, troop, and crew has at least one. Black River District wants to help you recognize these...read more
The District Award of Merit is a National BSA Award. Awardees are determined by the District Higher Awards Committee from a list of individuals who are nominated by their fellow scouters. These are people considered to be outstanding and who “go above and beyond”...read more
Handicapped Accessibility Statement
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Patriots’ Path Council, Boy Scouts of America will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities at its meetings. Please contact Marc Maratea, District Executive, Office: 973-765-9322 x 240, Cell: 973-900-0919 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
I understand that by attending programs sponsored by the Patriots’ Path Council, Boy Scouts of America, I consent to the use of photographs, film, videotapes, electronic representations and or sound recordings made of me and my family during that time by the Boy Scouts of America, at their discretion, and I hereby release the Boy Scouts of America from any and all liability from such use and publication.
Commissioners meeting preceding roundtable at 7PM.
Cub Scout and Boy Scout Roundtables are normally held at 8 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month at the Redeemer Lutheran Church, 203 Eyland Ave., Succasunna, N.J.
The Next Boy Scout Roundtable - December 5th. Click on the "+" to see more
The Next Boy Scout Roundtable – December 5th
8:00 Collaborative Opening Ceremony / News & Information Sharing
8:15 Grab your coffee and be seated
8:30 Program –
Please send in discussion topics for future meetings to me. My email address is [email protected]
See you there!
Your Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner
The Next Cub Scout Roundtable – December 5th. Click on the "+" to see more
The Next Cub Scout Roundtable – December 5th
The November Cub Scout Roundtable will run from 8:00 until 9:30.
- 8:00-8:30 will be a general session for Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leaders, and will include announcements and other info on the upcoming 2017-18 District and Council Events! Handouts will be available to take back to your Pack.
- 8:30-9:30 will be a session for Cub Scout Leaders only. (Boy Scout Leaders have their own session.)
- Featured will be the National BSA Pack Meeting Theme for November: “Cubs Give Thanks.” We’ll be offering games, a craft, songs, ceremonies, FUN, and information to use in your Den and Pack Meetings during October and beyond.
- Additionally, there will be 4 separate (12 minute) breakout sessions
- Cubmaster and Assistant Cubmasters
- Den Leaders and Assistant Den Leaders
- Webelos/AOL Leaders and Assistants
- Committee Chairs and Members
In all 4 of these breakouts, our discussion topic will be “Parent Participation.” We’ll have handouts and everyone will have an opportunity to ask questions and offer their suggestions on the topic!
For reference, the 2017-18 Monthly Scout Law Points and Pack Meeting Themes are listed below. Pack Meeting Plans may be found at the link. Each month, our Roundtable will provide you with additional FUN materials for the following month’s theme; e.g. in October we’ll present the November theme materials so you have time to include them in your November Den and Pack Meetings.
2017–2018 Pack Meeting Plans
- September: Courteous – “How the West Was Fun”
- October: Thrifty – “A-Camping We Will Go”
- November: Reverent – “Cubs Give Thanks”
- December: Kind – “Paying It Forward”
- January: Helpful – “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs”
- February: Cheerful – “Abracadabra!”
- March: Trustworthy – “Cub Scout Investigators”
- April: Loyal – “Cubs in the Future”
- May: Friendly – “Treasure Hunters”
- June: Obedient – “Wheel Into Summer”
- July: Brave – “Home of the Brave”
- August: Clean – “Destination Parks”
Cub Roundtable Commissioner, Mary Ruth Lareau
SEE YOU AT THE ROUNDTABLE!!
Forms & Information
- Black River Org Chart – May 2017
- Black River District Award of Merit Past Recipients
- Black River’s Best Past Awardees
- BR Best Nomination Form
- BR District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- Previous Recipients of the Silver Beaver Award
- Black River District Eagle Rank Advancement Process
- Training Opportunities
- Community Service
- Special Recognitions
- Boy Scouts of America
- Facts About Scouting
- About the BSA
- Like us on Facebook