Help Your Council or Unit Deliver a Quality Fishing Program
This course is designed to give Scouters tools and ideas to get Scouts fishing. We will ignite your desire for introducing Scouts to the wonderful world of fishing. Boy’s Life recent survey found that Scouts chose fishing as the fourth most preferred outdoor activity, yet only 35% go fishing within Scouting. You can become a Fishing Advocate for your unit, and share your passion for fishing!
• Become recognized as a BSA Certified Angling Instructor.
• Learn basic fly-fishing skills – fly casting, fly tying, knots and how to teach them. Receive electronic copies of all materials, and access to the CAI Official Website for additional support.
• As a CAI you will have an opportunity to get fishing and fly-fishing equipment at greatly reduced rates for teaching Scouts, and you can share this information on reduced rates with your unit(s).
• Training provided by members of the National Fishing Task Force.
Fishing is a Favorite Outdoor Activity for Scouts
Fishing is an outdoor activity that provides Scouts with fun, skills development, family participation, and conservation awareness. Fishing has great potential to help units grow and develop. As a CAI, you can make fishing a priority within the scouting community. Recruit, and retain membership by learning how to leverage your skills and interests!
Who should attend?
This CAI course is for Scouters (volunteer & professional) who wish to use fishing to engage Scouts. Learn how fishing enhances Council, District, and Unit programs, and supports Merit Badge Counselors. Perfect for unit leaders, parents, and senior scouts. Not a fishing person? No problem! We will teach you everything you need to know to be confident. No prior experience is necessary!
June 22-24, 2018
CAMPING QUICK LINKS
Cub Scout Camps
- Cub Scout Summer Camp for ALL Boys & Girls
- Webelos Resident Camp
Boy Scout Camps
The Warren Wheeler Adventureship is available to help families who need help covering the camp costs.
REGISTER FOR SUMMER CAMP