NEWS & UPDATES!
- 1/26/17- Read more about our support from the US Dept of Education Support Letter
- 6/19- The next Venturing and Exploring Xperience committee (VEX) meeting will be held on Sunday, June 19 from 6-8pm at the council service center. All advisers and youth officers should attend.
- 6/8- PARSIPPANY Police Exploring Program HOSTS OPEN HOUSE- For further information please call the Mayor’s office at 973-263-4256, email [email protected] or click here. REGISTER NOW!
- 6/9- Saint Peter’s University Hospital on Thursday, June 9, at 6 p.m. Read more info… REGISTER NOW!
- 4/13- Join Alcoa Engineering Exploring at their Open House on April 21! REGISTER HERE!
STEM INNOVATORS IN TRAINING
Who: High School students (limited to the first 50) When: Friday March 3, 2017 at York College in New York City
Registration: Students register through an established Exploring Post. Registration will be done online-
. The registration deadline is February 10, 2017!
Cost: The cost for students to attend will be $50.00. The fee will cover membership, insurance fees, and transportation. A t-shirt and lunch is provided as well.
- Exploring application- required for all youth and adult chaperones.
- Medical form- Parts A and B are required. This doesn’t not require a full physical or doctors signature. A copy of the student’s insurance card (front and back) should be included.
- Participation waiver– required to participate in Ten80 Education, INC. events.
- Go Pass- instructions to be emailed out after registration
- Paperwork should be turned in to Bill SanFilippo at Patriot’s Path Council office by mail or drop off. Deadline for required paperwork in February 25th.
- The office is located at 1 Saddle Road Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927.
- Fax to 973.267.3406
- E-mail: bill.[email protected]
- Parents/ volunteers are needed to help chaperone and coordinate the trip. Without volunteers, the program will not be able to occur. Volunteers (ages 21 +) that wish to volunteer must have a completed adult application turned in and need to complete Exploring Youth Protection Training at www.myparticipation.org.
For more information contact Bill SanFilippo, STEM Executive, at [email protected] or 973-765-9322 x227.
TAKE PART IN THE EXPLORING MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE!
In spring 2016, the Patriots’ Path Council Venturing & Exploring Experience Committee is issuing a membership challenge to all of the posts. The primary goal of this challenge is to provide tools and path for each unit to help recruit membership annually and build a sustaining program. The secondary goal of this challenge is for 100 new youth to discover our programs.
Exploring is Learning for Life’s career education program for young men and women ages 14-20 (or have completed 8th grade). Exploring is about helping young adults make a more informed decision about future careers and determine if a particular career is the right one for them.
Typically, a young adult will learn about a career and decide to pursue it OR learn enough about the career to determine it’s not the right fit for them.
In the Exploring program, youth gain unique, real-life opportunities to experience varied career choices. It’s not about lectures and slide shows- it’s about gaining practical insight and hands-on knowledge in a career field.
Explorer posts can specialize in a variety of career skills. Exploring programs are based on five areas of emphasis: career opportunities, life skills, citizenship, character education, and leadership experience
Exploring offers experiences in a variety of career fields.
- Arts & Humanities
- Fire Service
- Law Enforcement
- Law & Government
- Skilled Trades
- Social Services
Exploring is based on a unique and dynamic relationship between youth and the organizations in their communities. Local community organizations initiate an Explorer post by matching their people and program resources to the interests of young people in the community. The result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, and develop.
Competitive Rocketry Explorer Posts/Clubs Now Forming!
In 2016 the Patriots’ Path will be the home of several new Competitive Rocketry Explorer Posts/Clubs. Each post may only have six youth members. The youth will participate in a national competition with other high school/middle school aged youth. The posts are forming now to begin planning for program in early May. Activities will begin as soon as each post registers. Each team will design and build their own rocket. Several criteria based on times and distances must be met to qualify for the finals to be held next March in Virginia. Official qualifying flights will be documented by a TARC representative.
Register here: http://ppbsa.doubleknot.com/event/1872026
Past Exploring Spurgeon Awards Recipients
- 1999- None
- 2000- Sgt. Joseph Franklin
- 2001- Morris County Sheriff Dept. & Union Police Dept.
- 2002- Letitia Cook
- 2003- Allan MacDonald & Cranford Police Dept.
- 2004- Sean Rice Kenneth Fullegar
- 2005- None
- 2006- Manuel Barrueco, Joseph Hannay, Neil Smoyak
- 2007- Dennis Mott & Adriane Senkiw
- 2008- Jason Campbell & Nicholas Miller
- 2009- Regina Dante & James Kimball
- 2010- Frank Cooney & Ryan Taylor
- 2011- Nick Ardito & Stan Pawiak
- 2012- None
- 2013- None
- 2014- Raymond Clarke & Lucia Perpina
- 2015- Anthony Hayeck, Joseph Marchese, William Merwede, Berkeley Heights Vol. Rescue Squad
- 2016- Andrew Maldonado & Stewart Schmalenberger
Gain Experience- JOIN EXPLORING!
The Patriots’ Path Council serves more than 500 Explorers in over 25 clubs/ posts. To find one that will provide you with real-world experience, click here!
NEW EXPLORING RECRUIT MATERIALS!
The VEX committee has put together a new recruitment material list to better serve clubs and posts!
If you have any questions about Exploring, please contact VEX Chairman, Mark Rozek, at [email protected] or the Exploring Executive at Bill SanFilippo, at 973-765-9322 or [email protected].
Youth Protection Training is required for all registered adult advisers. The training is good for two years and then expires. Click here for Exploring online YPT instructions.
Part of our Mailing List?:
Join the VEX mailing list for the latest on Exploring and Venturing news!. Just e-mail
[email protected] to be added!
Check back soon for information on the 2016 VEX Fundraising Card! An easy way for you to earn money for your club or post!