This Webpage is Completely Up To Date
2022 Popcorn Sales
The Popcorn program enables your unit to do the things you want without running many fund raisers. By selling popcorn in the fall, you can support an entire year of Scouting for your unit. This is an officially approved council supported unit money-earning project that many packs, troops and crews participate in each year.
New This Year:
Tasty Trio Tin – chocolate covered pretzels, sweet and salty kettle corn and Smores popcorn. Available for Take Order and Online sales only in the Fall.
Chocolate Pretzels Tin – melt in your mouth chocolate covered pretzels. Available for Take Order and Online sales only in the Fall.
2022 Required Training – Required training covers the important dates, the three types of popcorn sales and how to use the Camp Masters popcorn system. This training is virtual. The ZOOM link will be sent on the day of the training to all who registered. Click here to sign up for training
2022 Best Practices Roundtable – Patriots’ Path Council will host two in-person best practices roundtables. Both will be held at the Council Service Center, 1 Saddle Road, Cedar Knolls. Go to https://scoutingevent.com/358-PopTrain, select the date of the roundtable you are interested in, and complete the registration.
Returning Trained Kernels from 2021 can use the online review and assessment at: Refresher Training
CHANGES TO COMMISSION PROGRAM FOR BEING TRAINED THAT YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF:
To Earn 1% Training Commission for your Pack/Troop/Crew
- A RETURNING 2022 UNIT KERNEL WHO WAS TRAINED IN 2021 ATTENDS EITHER:
- A ZOOM TRAINING SESSION or COMPLETES THE ONLINE REFRESHER TRAINING
- A NEW UNIT KERNEL MUST ATTEND:
- A ZOOM TRAINING SESSION
- One of the Michael Beck workshops or one of PPC’s two in-person Best Practices Roundtables on how to grow your sale will be offered to all out kernels.
Commissions For 2022
- EARN 33% Base Commission – Everyone starts here.
- EARN 1% Training Commission – A new kernel must attend a Required Training. A returning 2021 kernel can take the returning kernel training.
- EARN 1% Kick-Off Commission – Submit a photo or video of your unit kickoff to PPC either by email to [email protected] or by posting it on our popcorn Facebook group.
- EARN 5% Sales Success Commission – Parts 1 AND 2 are needed to earn the SALES SUCCESS commission.
- Part 1:
- Units who sold in 2021:
- If your 2021 sales were $6,000 or under, increase your 2022 sales by 15%
- If your 2021 sales were between $6,001 and $15,000, increase your 2022 sales by 10%
- If your 2021 sales were $15,001 or higher, increase your 2022 sales by 5%
- A 2021 new selling unit must sell $2,500 (all sale types combined)
- Units who sold in 2021:
- Part 2: 50% payment of the retail cost of your Show and Sell order must be received in the office no later than October 7, 2022.
- The details for each pack/troop/crew will be emailed to their popcorn kernel by the end of June and printed on the pick-up slip for their Take Order sales materials.
Different Ways To Sell Popcorn:
Show and Sell – a booth type sale
Scouts sell popcorn they have at various locations, asking people to “…support them in their Scouting program.” See separate tab for details and suggestions. Sale goes from August 6th through October 21st.
Take Order – a door-to-door type sale
Scouts sell door-to-door with their order form. All products including those containing chocolate can be ordered. Visit neighbors, ask relatives, have mom and dad take an order form to work. Sale goes from September 12th through October 21st with product delivery on November 12th.
Show and Deliver – a door-to-door type sale
Selling door-to-door with product in-hand allows Scouts to make the sale, deliver the product, and collect the money all in one visit. Show and Deliver occurs at the same time as Take Order selling – September 12th through October 21st.
Online sales allow your Scouts to reach beyond their neighborhoods and sell across the country. Customers order online and CAMPMASTERS ships the popcorn directly to them. You do not have to handle any popcorn or money yourself. Online sales through October 25th count toward prizes and commissions.
Online accounts are created at the individual Scout level. The “Single Sign On Link” is sent to each Scout by their Popcorn Kernel. New selling Scouts are set up by their popcorn kernel or can self register. Click on the link below to register or access your Scout account. August 1st – December 31st.
If your pack, troop or crew does not sell popcorn; you still can. You can earn between 33% to 40% commission and still qualify for prizes! Register using the form below and participate in any of the above sale types.
Scout Rewards & Prize Forms
All Scout sales between August 1st through October 25th count – Show & Sell, Take Order, Show & Deliver and Online.
- A listing of everything that is available: PPC $750, Top 100 & Free Week at Camp Prizes and 2022 Additional Prizes
- 2022 Prizes From Family Sales Guide – Regular prize program. Flyer in Scout’s order form. Order through your Popcorn Kernel.
- 2022 Combined Prize Form – this form is use for the $750 Club, Top 100 and Free Week at Camp. One form for all prizes!
- $750 Club – Additional prizes for selling $750 worth of popcorn. Submit Form or register online.
- Top 100 Club – Additional prize for being one of the top sellers in our council. We take the top 100 sellers. Submit Form or register online.
- Free Week At Camp – Additional prize for Cub Scouts who sell $1,600 and Scouts BSA who sell $2,200. Earn a free week of camp! Submit Form or register online.
- 2022 Camp Masters High Achiever Form – Additional prize from CAMPMASTERS for those that sell $3,000 or more. Submit form to your popcorn kernel (who will verify and submit it to council).
- 2022 Above and Beyond Form – Additional Prize for having $5,500 or more in total sales. Yes it can be done – 3 Scouts did it in 2019!
Other Rewards for 2022
- Do A Good Turn Official CSP – For a single donation of $50 or more from one customer (UU, WW, ZU) in support of Military or Food Banks, Scouts can earn this official CSP (council shoulder patch). Take Order or Online sales only, no Show & Sell sales. Only one patch per Scout. 2022 Do A Good Turn CSP Form Patriots’ Path Council works with a local organization to distribute popcorn to the military. Operation Jersey Cares Fact Sheet
Pack / Troop / Crew Rewards & Incentives
- 2022 Commission Levels – Commission starts at 33% of your totals sales and can go to 40%.
Make Your Sale Easier
- Square Reader for Credit Cards Accept contactless payments, chip cards (emv) and magstrip cards. Requests will be filled first come, first served. Pick-up is in the service center in Cedar Knolls during normal business hours. The person whose email address is being used for the account must be present for the training and the account activation. (Other arrangements may be made for a returning kernel with the same email address.) There is a $50.00 deposit on each set. The response to “I have no money”.
- Banner Request Add this 3 x 5 foot banner to attract attention to your sale.
- Popcorn Machine Request We supply the machine, popcorn and bags to put it in. Use this to add to your kick-off or re-energize your Scouts.
- Family Fact Sheet – PDF and Family Fact Sheet – Word File Give to families so they have all the information on one sheet. Download the Word version and customize.
- Unit Master Record for Take Order Sales Excel file which matches the Take Order sheet. Has one line for each Scouts’ totals. Use as a den / patrol total sheet or for the whole pack / troop / crew.
- COI Guidelines Instructions for requesting a Certificate of Liability Insurance (sometimes requested by a Show & Sell location) and the COI Request-Fillable fillable COI form.
Show and Sell – Order on Consignment
Remember – we keep extra inventory at the Council office in Cedar Knolls. If you are running low on a particular product(s) let us know as soon as possible and we can make it available for you to pick up.
Get permission to sell near a store or other heavily trafficked area. You order full cases of popcorn, pick up your order on August 6th. (The 50% payment on your order isn’t due until October 7th.) You provide a table, chairs, signs and cash for change. You can also borrow a Square Reader.
Each Scout can count a portion of your sales toward their prizes. All sales count toward your commission.
Any leftover popcorn can be used to fill your Take Order Sale needs.
Note: Chocolate Popcorn is not available for Show & Sell.
- Show & Sell General Information
- Show & Sell Location Ideas
- Show & Sell How To Secure a Location
- Show & Sell Word Documents
- Show & Sell Display and Selling Techniques
- Show & Sell Suggested Order Quantities Excel Spreadsheet
- Scout Store Front Allocation Excel Spreadsheet
- COI Guidelines Instructions for requesting a Certificate of Liability Insurance (sometimes requested by a Show & Sell location) and the COI Request-Fillable form.
Popcorn Returns – Procedure and Schedule: All unused popcorn from Show and Sell MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CEDAR KNOLLS OFFICE NO LATER THAN 3:30 PM ON October 21st.
(973) 765-9322 ext 251
Kernel – Open
Executive Victoria Moran
Links & Information
- 2022 Dates and Contacts
- 2022 Product List
- 2022 Commission Levels
- Camp Masters’ login (If not using the “Single Sign On Link”. Use only if you have changed your password and are now using your email and new password to log on.)
- 2022 Scout’s Guide to the Camp Master’s System
- 2022 Popcorn Kernel Guide to the Camp Master’s System
- 2022 Scout PPC Prizes Use this link to submit your Scout’s Prize form and Supporting Documentation (Take Order form copies, Online Sales report or Show & Sell allocation from your kernel).