2021 Popcorn Sales
The Popcorn program enables your unit to do the things you want without running many fund raisers. By selling popcorn in the fall, you can support an entire year of Scouting for your unit. This is an officially approved council-unit money-earning project that many packs, troops and crews participate in each year.
Michael Beck 2021 – The MICHAEL BECK Workshop or one of our own workshops on how to grow your sale will be offered to all new kernels. The link will be sent out to all kernels when available.
Popcorn Kickoff Training 2021 – Learn how to use the CAMPMASTERS website, what are the products, what are the NEW incentives for 2021, and what tools are available to help you increase your sale. Get ideas from other leaders – the best source! All sessions will be ZOOM. Sign-up is required so we can send you the Zoom link and verify your training. Each session will be “hosted” by a district but you can attend any session.
CHANGES TO COMMISSION PROGRAM FOR BEING TRAINED THAT YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF:
EARN 1% TRAINING COMMISSION
- A RETURNING 2021 UNIT KERNEL WHO WAS TRAINED IN 2020 ATTENDS EITHER:
- A ZOOM TRAINING SESSION or COMPLETES THE ONLINE REFRESHER TRAINING
- A NEW UNIT KERNEL MUST ATTEND:
- A ZOOM TRAINING SESSION
14 Council-Wide Trainings – pick the one which is best for you. Training Registration Link
Commissions For 2021
- EARN 33% Base Commission – We have removed the FOS requirement.
- EARN 1% Training Commission – Attend a ZOOM session or a returning, trained 2020 kernels can take the refresher training.
- EARN 1% Kick-Off Commission – Submit a photo or video of your unit kickoff to PPC either by email to [email protected] or by posting it on our popcorn Facebook group.
- EARN 5% Sales Success Commission – Parts 1 AND 2 are needed to earn the SALES SUCCESS commission.
- Part 1:
- Units who sold in 2019, match 75% of your 2019 sale.
- 2020 new selling units, match 100% of your 2020 sales (only 7 council wide).
- 2021 new selling unit skips Part 1
- Part 2: 50% payment of the retail cost of your Show and Sell order must be received in the office no later than October 8, 2021.
Different Ways To Sell Popcorn:
Show and Sell – a booth type sale
Scouts sell popcorn they have at various locations, asking people to “…support them in their Scouting program.” See separate tab for details and suggestions. Sale goes from August 7th through October 25th.
Take Order – a door-to-door type sale
Scouts sell door-to-door with their order form. All products including those containing chocolate can be ordered. Visit neighbors, ask relatives, have mom and dad take an order form to work. Sale goes from September 12th through October 25th with product delivery on November 13th.
Show and Deliver – a door-to-door type sale
Selling door-to-door with product in-hand allows Scouts to make the sale, deliver the product, and collect the money all in one visit. Show and Deliver occurs at the same time as Take Order selling – September 12th through October 25th.
Continuing this year – no shipping on online sales! Online sales allow your Scouts to reach beyond their neighborhoods and sell across the country. Customers order online and CAMPMASTERS ships the popcorn directly to them. You do not have to handle any popcorn or money yourself. Online sales count toward prizes and commissions.
Online accounts are created at the individual Scout level. The “Single Sign On Link” is sent to each Scout by their Popcorn Kernel. New selling Scouts are set up by their popcorn kernel or can self register. Click on the link below to register or access your Scout account. August 1st – December 31st.
If your pack, troop or crew does not sell popcorn; you still can. You can earn between 30% to 40% commission and still qualify for prizes! Register using the form below and participate in any of the above sale types.
Scout Rewards & Prize Forms
All Scout sales between August 1st through October 25th count – Show & Sell, Take Order, Show & Deliver and Online.
- A listing of everything that is available: PPC $750, Top 100 & Free Week at Camp Prizes and 2021 Additional Prizes
- 2021 Prizes From Family Sales Guide – Regular prize program. Flyer in Scout’s order form. Order through your Popcorn Kernel.
- 2021 Combined Prize Form – this form is use for the $750 Club, Top 100 and Free Week at Camp. One form for all prizes!
- $750 Club – Additional prizes for selling $750 worth of popcorn. Submit Form or register online.
- Top 100 Club – Additional prize for being one of the top sellers in our council. We take the top 100 sellers. Submit Form or register online.
- Free Week At Camp – Additional prize for Cub Scouts who sell $1,515 and Scouts BSA who sell $2,110. Earn a free week of camp! Submit Form or register online.
- 2021 Camp Masters High Achiever Form – Additional prize from CAMPMASTERS for those that sell $3,000 or more. Submit form to your popcorn kernel (who will verify and submit it to council).
- 2021 Above and Beyond Form – Additional Prize for having $5,500 or more in total sales. Yes it can be done – 3 Scouts did it in 2019!
Other Rewards for 2020
- Military Official CSP – For a single $50 or more donation (WW military donation) from one customer in support of Popcorn for the Troops, Scouts can earn this Official CSP (council shoulder patch). Online sales or Take Order sales only. Sorry only one patch per Scout. 2021 Military CSP Form Patriots’ Path Council works with a local organization to distribute popcorn to the military. 2021 Operation Jersey Cares Fact Sheet
Pack / Troop / Crew Rewards & Incentives
- 2021 Commission Levels – Commission starts at 30% of your totals sales and can go to 40%.
- 2021 Door To Door Delivery Form – We make arrangements to deliver your Take Order popcorn directly to you, no early Saturday morning pick up. If your total sales for Take Order and Online sales reach $16,000, just submit the form by October 27th.
Calculate Your Potential
- 2021 Fund Your Adventure Worksheet Excel file to calculate expenses of monthly Scouting program and how selling popcorn can pay for all your expenses.
- 2021 Sales Goal Worksheet Excel file to calculate Scout sales goal based on your budget
- 2021 Commission Potential Worksheet Excel file to calculate your sales potential – with 15 containers per Scout and 1 full order sheet per Scout
- 2021 Quick Commission Estimate Guide Excel file to show various commission results based on the number of containers sold per Scout
Make Your Sale Easier
- 2021 Square Reader for Contactless & Chip and Magstrip Credit Cards Accept contactless payments, chip cards (emv) and magstrip cards. Requests will be filled first come, first served. Pick-up is in the service center in Cedar Knolls during normal business hours. The person whose email address is being used for the account must be present for the training and the account activation. (Other arrangements may be made for a returning kernel with the same email address.) There is a $50.00 deposit on each set. The response to “I have no money”.
- 2021 Banner Request Add this 3 x 5 foot banner to attract attention to your sale.
- 2021 Popcorn Machine Request We supply the machine, popcorn and bags to put it in. Use this to add to your kick-off or re-energize your Scouts.
- 2021 Family Fact Sheet – PDF and 2021 Family Fact Sheet – Word File Give to families so they have all the information on one sheet. Download the Word version and customize.
- 2021 UnitMasterRecord Take Order Sales Excel file which matches the Take Order sheet. Has one line for each Scouts’ totals. Use as a den / patrol total sheet or for the whole pack / troop / crew.
- 2021 COI Guidelines Instructions for requesting a Certificate of Liability Insurance (sometimes requested by a Show & Sell location) and the 2021 COI Request-Fillable fillable COI form.
Show and Sell – Order on Consignment
Remember – we keep extra inventory at the Council office in Cedar Knolls. If you are running low on a particular product(s) let us know as soon as possible and we can make it available for you to pick up.
Get permission to sell near a store or other heavily trafficked area. You order full cases of popcorn, pick up your order on August 7th. (The 50% payment on your order isn’t due until October 8th.) You provide a table, chairs, signs and cash for change. You can also borrow a 2021 Square Reader for Credit Card, Chip & Contactless.
Each Scout can count a portion of your sales toward their prizes. All sales count toward your commission.
Any leftover popcorn can be used to fill your Take Order Sale needs.
Note: Chocolate Popcorn is not available for Show & Sell.
- 2021 Show & Sell General Information updated for COVID-19
- 2021 Show & Sell Location Ideas
- 2021 Show & Sell How To Secure a Location
- 2021 Show & Sell Word Documents
- 2021 Show & Sell Display and Selling Techniques
- 2021 Show & Sell Suggested Order Quantities Excel Spreadsheet
- 2021 Scout Store Front Allocation Excel Spreadsheet
- 2021 COI Guidelines Instructions for requesting a Certificate of Liability Insurance (sometimes requested by a Show & Sell location) and the 2021 COI Request-Fillable form.
Popcorn Returns – Procedure and Schedule: All unused popcorn from Show and Sell MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CEDAR KNOLLS OFFICE NO LATER THAN 3:30 PM ON October 23rd 2021 Procedure and timeline for returns
(973) 765-9322 ext 251
Black River District
Kernel – Open
Executive Marc Maratea
Kernel – Open
Executive Richard Peterson
Links & Information
- 2021 Dates and Contacts
- 2021 Product List
- 2021 Commission Levels
- Camp Masters’ login (If not using the “Single Sign On Link”. Use only if you have changed your password and are now using your email and new password to log on.)
- 2021 Scout’s Guide to the Camp Master’s System
- 2021 Popcorn Kernel Leader’s Guide
- 2021 Popcorn Kernel Guide to the Camp Master’s System
- 2021 Scout PPC Prizes Use this link to submit your Scout’s Prize form and Supporting Documentation (Take Order form copies, Online Sales report or Show & Sell allocation from your kernel).