VERSION – February 21, 2020
Before starting the Eagle Service Project planning process
- You should meet with your Scoutmaster, Troop Advancement Coordinator and Eagle Coach to review the actual concept of the proposed project. Your Eagle Coach may be your Scoutmaster, Troop Advancement Coordinator, or any registered adult assigned by your Scoutmaster. Please follow the process of your Troop. Feel free to contact the District Advancement Chairman for any clarifications.
- You should obtain the Patriots’ Path Council’s Trail to Eagle Packet online at the Council Web site: ppbsa.org
Select: Committees Select: Advancement Select: Trail to Eagle Resources
This will take you to the Patriots Path Council’s current collection of resources to assist you on your Journey to Eagle. This site will always contain the correct Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, Eagle application and other information needed to complete Eagle Rank.
- Once the project is written up to the satisfaction of your Scoutmaster, Troop Advancement Coordinator and Eagle Coach, then the Scoutmaster and Troop Committee will sign the Project Proposal section of the Eagle Workbook. You should also have the signature of the sponsoring organization (beneficiary) at this time. A signed letter written on the sponsor’s letterhead is also acceptable in lieu of them signing the Workbook. The letter must contain a brief description of your project. All signatures and approvals for the project plan must be in the Project Proposal before you come to the District Advancement Committee for your project approval. All signatures must be original and not electronically created or reproduced.
- You, yourself, should email the District Eagle Coordinator to set up a meeting date for District Approval. Mrs. Karen Gough – [email protected] is the current District Eagle Coordinator. The District Advancement Committee meets twice monthly at 7:00pm. The first meeting is on the second Wednesday of each month at the Manville Elks located at 1500 Brooks Blvd, Hillsborough. The second meeting is held typically the fourth Thursday of each month at the Knights of Columbus 647 Grove St, Dunellen NJ 08812 (note the change). Always check with the District Advancement Coordinator for available dates and locations which can change.
- You may not begin work on your project (this includes fund raising) until the District Advancement Committee Member signs your Project Workbook.
Raritan Valley District Advancement Team
Note: Email is preferred method of communication.
Harry Butitio (Troop 29)
Harry Chiovarou (Troop 124)
Manny Coelho (Troop 44)
Pat Dillion (Troop 113)
Skip Emanuelli (Troop 41)
Amin Gangji (Troop 44)
Hugh Gordon (Troop 17)
Karen Gough (Troop 17)
Scott Kampe (Troop 44)
Kevin Kirk (Troop 154)
Herb (Gus) Kushner
Ken Milcsik (Troop 44)
Stephen Sarao (Troop 124)
David Shafer (Troop 74)
Steven White (Troop 55)