Effective June 14, 2019, updated October 2020
WHEN YOUR EAGLE SCOUT APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS ARE COMPLETE:
The following finalized documents (WITHOUT STAPLES OR PLASTIC PAGE PROTECTORS) must be presented to Council for Verification (inventory and approval) prior to the Eagle Board of Review: (Please bring all documents at the same time.)
- **Eagle Scout Application (with original signatures)
- **Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose (Eagle Scout requirement 6)
- ** COMPLETE Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook – be sure to include all sections:
- Project Proposal (including all (5) five signatures) with completed Contact
- Final Plan (whether or not completed)
- Fundraising Application (with signatures if applicable)
- Project Report (including all (3) signatures)
- All supporting documentation (photos, spreadsheets, project hours, diagrams, maps, etc.)
- ** Advancement report (strongly recommended) “Advancement History” from Internet Advancement or “Scouts BSA History” from Scoutbook. A Troopmaster report is not acceptable.
**Missing any of these completed documents will delay “Verification” until they are all presented.
Patriots Path Council stores a copy of all Eagle Scout documentation electronically.
The finalized documents listed above will be scanned into electronic format at the council service center under staff supervision. The Eagle candidate will receive an emailed copy of the scanned documents.
To arrange for Eagle Scout Document Verification, please contact Eagle Scout Registrar Cindy Van Carpels at 973-765-9322 x232. ([email protected].)
“Verification” appointments can be made during:
Mon-Thurs 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
The “Verification” process takes 30-45 minutes at Council.
If you do not wish to wait, you may hand deliver your finalized documents to the council service center or the Mountainside Scout Shop, all finalized documents (no staples or plastic page protectors) should be together in one envelope. The envelope should be labeled showing the Scout’s name and contact information, unit number, and who dropped off the package.
Be sure to get a receipt for material being dropped off.
BE PREPARED FOR YOUR BOARD OF REVIEW
All documentation (with required signatures) listed above must be presented at the Board of Review as a hard copy.
One copy of the entire project workbook (with all supporting material) is requested to be delivered to the Scout’s district advancement chair or assigned district Eagle advisor at least one week prior to the Board of Review. Electronic or hard copies will be accepted. (This task is the Scout’s responsibility.)
Any delay in receiving the completed project workbook may delay the Board of Review and might cause it to be rescheduled.
DOCUMENTS REQUESTED AT COUNCIL WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER EAGLE BOARD OF REVIEW:
- Original Eagle Scout Application (signed at Board of Review)
- Original Eagle Scout Board of Review Advancement Report (signed at Board of Review)
- Original Photo Release Form (signed by guardian 18+ years of age)
Please email a photo of Eagle Scout in “Class A” uniform and a short 2-3 line testimonial about “What it means to be an Eagle Scout” to: [email protected].