Procedure for Submitting Requests for Extension of Time to Earn the Eagle Scout Rank
- The completed form “Request for Extension of Time to Earn the Eagle Scout Rank” (BSA Form #No. 512-077) must be submitted to the council service center in Cedar Knolls in person, electronically, or by mail to the attention of the staff advisor for advancement. All documents listed on #No. Form 512-077 under Documentation to Attach must be included with the form. All such documents must have date, printed name, contact info and signature.
- If submitted in person a receipt is given to the person delivering the request by a staff member at the front desk or in the Scout Shop.
- If submitted through the mail, the sender should mail to the attention of the Staff Advisor for Advancement at Patriots’ Path Council, 1 Saddle Road, Cedar Knolls, N.J. 07927 with a request for a return receipt from the post office.
- If submitted by email, the sender should request a read receipt on the email.
- If submitted by fax, the sender must be sure to print out a report confirming receipt.
Procedure for Reviewing Requests for Extension of Time to Earn the Eagle Scout Rank
- Within one business day of receiving the request, the staff advisor for advancement (or his/her designee) will save a copy of the form and all documents on the council server in the Advancement folder, subfolder Requests for Extension, and will email a copy to the council advancement committee chair and vice-chair.
- The Advancement Committee will form an ad-hoc subcommittee normally consisting of the Advancement Vice-Chair, the District Advance Chair for the district of the Scout who submitted, and one other.
- This subcommittee will review the application and seek further clarifications/documents as they deem necessary.
- Once they are prepared to make a recommendation to the Advancement Committee, that recommendation will be submitted to the Advancement Committee members via email for consideration and vote.
- Following the vote, the Advancement Committee Chair or Vice-Chair will sign and date the form and forward to the Staff Professional Advisor, who will log in the signed form and forward it to the Scout Executive to approve or deny.
- Following the Scout Executive’s action, the staff advisor for advancement will follow up with official communication to the Scout, as per Guide to Advancement, especially referencing section 184.108.40.206 Item #3.